This week’s episode topic is brought to you by one of The Lawyer Stress Solution podcast listeners. Jessica from the U.K. wants to know the best ways of dealing with avoidance.
When you avoid something, you know that you should do it, and yet you continue sidestepping the task, even if you know it will make your life much better when it’s completed. With procrastination, you eventually do the thing. With avoidance, you may NEVER do it.
On this episode, we explore what makes you avoid tasks and how to change that habit. Join us on the show as I lay out a step-by-step process that will help you deal with any task you’re avoiding and finally get it done!
If you enjoy this podcast and want help applying this work to your life, check out the Clutch, my feminist mindset coaching community.
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- How avoidance differs from procrastination.19
- Why we avoid things we know we should do, or even want to do.
- What happens in your brain when you avoid something.
- The process for coaching yourself through anything that you are avoiding.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- If you have two extra minutes for a little pro bono, please nominate this podcast for the ABA 100 Online Resources list so other lawyers can learn about it! Nominations end July 30th, 2017.
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!