As your legal career progresses, direct contact with clients becomes a more substantial part of your practice. And that contact doesn’t always go smoothly. Clients have their own ideas about what they want done, when and how – and those ideas don’t always match up with what the law, or reality, allows.
This week on The Lawyer Stress Solution, we’re delving into the ins and outs of working with difficult clients. Join us as I talk about two different ways that difficult clients can cause stress, and share actionable tools and strategies to help you manage both your clients and your own brain better.
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- The categories of difficult clients.
- Two types of thoughts that stress you out about your clients.
- Why we get upset when a client acts a certain way.
- The importance of understanding that it’s not possible to change your clients’ behavior.
- When a displeased client’s actions become a problem.
- How you can become calmer and make fewer mistakes in your job.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Download your Free Guide to help you Tame Your Anxious Lawyer Brain
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!