Perfectionism is one of the causes of an enormous amount of stress for many of my lawyer clients.
Perfectionism is the belief that things can always be better – you could always be better or do better. It is the idea that your life should be in a constant state of self-improvement because you’re not okay the way you are. The irony is that thinking this way actually makes you worse at your job – and everything else!
This week, we look into the intricacies of perfectionism and examine the reasons why it is so common among lawyers, especially ones who are already self-critical. I explain where perfectionism comes from, how it affects all areas of our life, and why it never works. I also share my coaching strategies for overcoming it and starting to be able to accept yourself where you are.
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- What it really means to be a perfectionist.
- The negative results that perfectionism produces in your life.
- Why perfection doesn’t work.
- How to beat your critical brain.
- My tips and strategies for overcoming perfectionism.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!