This week on The Lawyer Stress Solution, we’re talking about a topic that’s near and dear to every lawyer’s heart – making strides in their professional development.
Whether you’re a junior lawyer, mid-career, or getting-to-senior lawyer, this episode is for you. Today, I’m sharing advice on how you can advocate for more professional development, get more opportunities, and take your career to the next level.
Join us to find out why so many lawyers have a problem standing up for themselves when it comes to career advancing opportunities and why you’re really the only person who can advocate for your own professional development.
Tune in for a step-by-step exercise to help you get started on this journey. If you need some help with the work that we covered on this episode, check out the Clutch, my feminist mindset coaching community.
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- Why you can’t rely on anyone else to manage your professional development for you.
- The real reason why so many lawyers have a problem with this.
- Why women are less likely to advocate for their own professional development than men.
- They key to learning from opportunities that are offered and how to ask for them if they’re not offered.
- An exercise to help you figure out and actually take the next steps in your career, without feeling anxious and inadequate.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- The New York Times article: Female Lawyers Can Talk, Too
- If you need some with the work that we covered on this episode, check out the Clutch, my feminist mindset coaching community.
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!