This week, we are talking about one of the least favorite experiences of almost every human being on the planet – REJECTION. Lawyers are especially averse to rejection because it feeds their other “favorite” thing in the world – catastrophizing. In other words, lawyers hate rejection because they can’t help but imagine all the worst case scenarios that could follow from it.
On this episode of The Lawyer Stress Solution, we’re taking a look at why lawyers are so sensitive to rejection and why it hurts so much. I explain what rejection really is and what you can do to lessen its impact. Listen in to find out how you can begin rewiring your brain to stop always looking for rejection and instead create feelings of security, safety, and stability.
And if you’re ready to feel better and would like to take this work to another level, check out the Clutch, my feminist mindset coaching community.
What You’ll Learn From this Episode:
- Why we’re so sensitive to social rejection.
- How the lawyer brain reacts to rejection and why.
- The reason why it hurts so much when we think someone is rejecting us.
- What it truly means when someone says “no” to you.
- How you can reframe rejection in the way that doesn’t impact you in a negative way.
- Proven tips and strategies for dealing with rejection.
Listen to the Full Episode:
Featured on the Show:
- Check out the Clutch
- Hustle and Flow episode 29: How to Stop Procrastinating with guest Kara Loewentheil.
Enjoy The Show?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe via iTunes, Stitcher or RSS.
- Leave us a review in iTunes.
- Join the conversation by leaving a comment below!